Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Songs about Coke

There are a LOT of songs about cocaine. Here are a few more.

The Weekend's Can't Feel My Face
The song isn't about being so happy in love that his face has gone numb from smiling (although that would be romantic). The lyrics actually reference cocaine, personified as a woman. "And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb. And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come."

Grandmaster Flash White Lines
"My white lines go a long way / Either up your nose or through your vein / With nothin' to gain except killin' your brain"

The Eagles Life In The Fast Lane
“They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavenly bills. There were lines on the mirror, lines on her face”

Interpol Rest My Chemistry
"I haven't slept for two days. I've bathed in nothing but sweat / And I've made hallways scenes for things to regret. My friends they come / And the lines they go by.

Fleetwood Mac Gold Dust Woman
"Rock on gold dust woman / Take your silver spoon / Dig your grave"

Metallica Master of Puppets
"Needlework the way, never you betray / Life of death becoming clearer. / Pain monopoly, ritual misery / Chop your breakfast on a mirror.

Black Sabath Snowblind
Written by Butler not Ozborn "Crystal world with winter flowers turn my days to frozen hours."

No comments:

Post a Comment