Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY Broken Flower Pot





During the big wind storms we have been experiencing, one of my flower pots took a dive off the patio.  I was going to throw it away until I remembered seeing something on Pintrest about recycling your planters.  Thought I'd give it a shot.

1. Glue your planter back together a little bit. I am using a 6" pot.

2. Fill bottom of pot with some moss or wood chips so the drainage hole wont leak all your dirt out.

3. Layer succulents and broken pot chunks. (bottom to top)I used Pachyveria 'Blue Pearl', Crassula Calico Kitten, Elephant Bush, and Blue Chalk Sticks.

4. Water your planter. Lots of stuff will settle in better, and you will have to pack and rearrange your pieces

5. Add decorative pea gravel or whatever you have to fill spaces and make it look pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment