Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy 10 Year Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to Dave and I on ten wonderful years of marriage. In celebration, in addition to taking a week off of work and sharing a new walk location each day, we have been cooking dinner together. Tonight I made petit filet mignon. I started with two fillets, wrapped the outside in two strips of bacon, and secured the meat with a piece of butcher's twine. I made an compound butter with roasted garlic, fox point seasoning, finest herbs seasoning, and fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt flakes. The butter was allowed to chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes until it was firm. To cook the steaks, I preheated the oven to 400*. I used my small cast iron skillet. Generously season both top and bottom of fillets with salt and pepper. In the skillet over medium high heat, melt 4 Tb of butter and 2 Tb olive oil. When melted, add steaks and sear for two to three minutes per side until a crust is formed. I also cooked the bacon exterior in the same way. At this point I added the roasted garlic and mushrooms. Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 6-10 minutes. Steak will be ready when it is approximately 135 degrees in the center, or when you push lightly on the top center of the steak and it gently and slowly bounces back. Watch carefully especially if your steaks are thinner. Top with compound butter

No comments:

Post a Comment