Thursday, October 15, 2015

Music of Goodbye



When I’m alone I dream Time to say goodbye
on the horizon and words fail to countries I never saw and shared
yes, I know there is no light with you, now, yes,
in a room where the sun is absent, I shall experience theme
if you are not with me, with me. I'll go with you
At the windows show everyone my heart on ships across seas
which you set alight; which I know no, no, exist
enclose within me the light no longer.
you encountered in the street Time to say goodbye...
When I’m alone I dream



Oh my dear father (who is dying, by the way), Yes, yes, I want to go there!
I like him (a boy named Rinuccio), he is very handsome. And if my love were in vain,
I want to go to Porta Rossa I would go to Ponte Vecchio
to buy the ring! and throw myself in the Arno (river)!
I am pining and I am tormented,
Oh God! I would want to die!
Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!
Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!

These songs sound very similar to me even tho one is in Italian, the other in Spanish. Listen how the sopranos' melody breathes the same notes as the accompanying violin. Both the singer and violin hit the same plaintive notes to convey their message.

No comments:

Post a Comment