Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hummus and Pita chips


I bought a bag of dried chick peas at the store the other day, convinced they were cheaper than buying the kind in the can. After soaking and rinsing and boiling them, I do not feel they were a substantial savings. I turned the chickpeas into hummus, which reminds me I need a new food processing bowl (the one of the side latches is broken). Hummus is really easy to prepare. You add the peas, a little salt, garlic, and I like lemon and pepper. I am not a fan of olives in it or red peppers, but the varieties are endless. Because this was a dinner entree, I served the pita chips with a marinated pork loin (rosemary and cracked peppercorn). Now, garlic sauce is a must. If you have never made it, I challenge you. It is a Lebanese tradition, and I posted a blog article on it before. It is garlic pureed with olive oil and salt. IT IS GARLICKY! It is so garlicky I can still taste it today, it is so garlicky it can make your tongue hurt. Use caution, that's all. Arrange pita chips on plate, top with tahini, hummus, garlic sauce, meat cubes, and then garnish. This is a super fast meal to make. This is a great meal to use the leftover pork loin on. If you are making hummus, it takes 5 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment