Sunday, March 3, 2013

DIY Clorox Wipes

I was reading the back of my Clorox container and it read "PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS: HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS" That's not something I want to clean my home with. Do you? I took the the internet for a green solution. I love grabbing a pre-moistened wipe for small jobs around the house

I found 3 wipe recipes, they seem to follow the pattern of 1C. water, 2 Tbs. soap, mold inhibiting agent.


WIPES 1WIPES 2WIPES 3
1 C. water1 C. water1 C. water
1/4 C. rubbing alcohol2 Tbs. vinegar
2 Tbs. Dawn dish soap2 Tbs. natural dish soap2 Tbs. Castile soap
2 Tbs. ammonia8-10 drops essential oil8-10 drops tea tree oil
Mix in a glass bowl then add to your wipes.

You can cut a roll of paper towel in half and use a tupperware, or add to pre-cut rags/handi wipes and reusable container.  I like the second option best.  This way you can reuse your wipe container.
What do you do with the handi wipes after you clean with them?  Wash, but do not dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment