Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Cleaning


There I was, standing in the middle of my kitchen, when I could hear it. My mother sucking air at the mess. Over 600 miles away and I could literally HEAR IT.  I look under the sink for some Lysol, and lo! I have none.  I'm thinking "OK, OK, stay calm." and I'm trying to remember all those earth friendly cleaning solution alternatives I swore to myself I would start using. But I don't have any mixed up in a bottle just waiting for me to use them, so I started panicking and grabbing things from the cupboard.
Floor Cleaner: 1/2 bucket of  the hottest water you can get from your tap, splash of vinegar (maybe like 1/4 C, but I didn't measure it out), 1 squeeze of earth friendly dish soap (I used Dawn, original blue stuff), and it smells like vinegar so I added a few drops of tea tree oil.
WOW it worked great. Remember that spaghetti stain under the corner of the rug that just WOULD NOT come out (out, out damned spot!) *poof* GONE. The grease stain on the crown molding? GONE. The jello stain on the floor board... less visible, I think the linoleum has been permanently dyed.  But it worked really nice.  I did my floors, cupboards, and wall by the trash can.  I lined the trash can wall with contact paper to act as a splash guard. I would recommend that to everyone.  Food splash, drink splash, they wipe off so easily.  The kitchen looked so good I decided to do the bathroom too.

No comments:

Post a Comment